Late War Nationals
Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center
1551 N. Thoreau Dr.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Dates: Saturday, March 30th, 2019
Tournament Format: V4 Late War, 1625 Points, Straight Swiss Format,
4 Round, Random Missions
Player Limit: 48
Convention Registration: http://www.adepticon.org/
Tournament Sign-Up & List submission: [email protected]
List Submission Deadline: March 15th 2019
Registration 0800 – 0830
Welcome & Briefing 0830 – 0900
Round 1: Random Mission 0900 – 1115
Break 1115 – 1130
Round 2: Random Mission 1130 – 1345
Lunch 1345 – 1445 (Armies on Parade)
Round 3: Random Mission 1445 – 1700
Round 4: Random Mission 1715 – 1930
Awards Presentation : 1945
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• All armies must be fully painted. Any miniatures not fully painted will be pulled from the table prior to starting the tournament.
• Rounds will be determined by Swiss system come ready to play all armies
• We will use a modified Battleplans where the players and his opponent will choose their stance and the T.O. will roll a die. The players will then play the mission chosen.
• Players are responsible for monitoring the time and the judges will announce time intervals throughout the tournament. A true act of sportsmanship is not starting a new turn if both players will not be able to finish that turn. The game should be called if both players cannot finish their turn and the results should be calculated.
• Slow play is to be actively discouraged, repeated offenses may result in loss of points or forfeited matches. This is a Nationals competition, if you cannot play a game to completion due to size/compliment or familiarity with your army, you might want to revisit your choice. Most players should be able to complete their turns within 10-15 minutes.
• When time is called the game must immediately end regardless of the action taking place in the game. New turns cannot be started even if starting a new turn would award an immediate victory or cause a player to make a company morale check.
• If two fortified companies face each other then they will play the No Man’s Land Mission.
• Painting Competition: Any players that wish their armies to be considered for the best painted competition will stage them at the lunch break in the designated area with a name plate on the display. All models in the army must be from Battlefront Miniatures
• Unit histories are not necessary.
• Army lists must be submitted to [email protected] (Third Party army list creation sites (i.e., Easy Army, Army Builder) may be used as well as the generic army list excel spreadsheet located on the Flames of War website. All lists must include the following information:
o Player’s full name
o Player’s email address
o Club name (if applicable)
o Army list being used (For example: Cossack)
o Book or website reference (For example: Eastern Front)
o Type of company (Tank, mechanized, infantry)
• Players can use Armies of Late war, any Version III book, official PDF or website article with the armies updated to V4 compliance.
We will be using a simple software spreadsheet and here is the scoring breakdown we will use for the 2019 Nationals:
• Scoring Breakdown
o Generalship: 80%
o Sportsmanship 20%
• Draw Match-ups Ranking
• Victory Points then Wins
Awards: Here is a list of the awards that will be presented
• Overall Winner
• 2nd Place
• 3rd Place
• Best Sportsman
• Best Painted
Tiebreakers: In case of a tie all tiebreakers use the following order to determine a winner
2. Number of wins
4. Strength of Schedule
5. Favorite Opponent votes
6. MG42’s at ten paces or Rock, paper, scissors (Best 2 out of 3)!