World War III: Team Yankee Tournament Historicon 2021
November 11 @ 9:00 am - November 12 @ 7:30 pm GMT
Dates: Thursday, November 11, 2021
Tournament Format: V2 Team Yankee, 110 Points, Straight Swiss Format, 3 Round, Extended Battle Plans
Player Limit: 60
Tournament Sign-Up & List submission: [email protected]
List Submission Deadline: October 29th, 2021,
09:00 – 10:00 Check-in Briefing
10:00 – 12:30 Round 1
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 16:00 Round 2
16:15 – 18.45 Round 3
19:00 – 19:30 Awards Presentation
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• All armies must be fully painted. Any miniatures not fully painted will be pulled from the table prior to starting the tournament.
• Rounds will be determined by Swiss system come ready to play all armies
• We will use Extended Battle Plans where the players and his opponent will choose their stance and roll a die. The players will then play the mission chosen.
• Players are responsible for monitoring the time and the judges will announce time intervals throughout the tournament. A true act of sportsmanship is not starting a new turn if both players will not be able to finish that turn. The game should be called if both players cannot finish their turn and the results should be calculated.
• Slow play is to be actively discouraged, repeated offenses may result in loss of points or forfeited matches. If you cannot play a game to completion due to size/compliment or familiarity with your army, you might want to revisit your choice. Most players should be able to complete their turns within 10-15 minutes.
• When time is called the game must immediately end regardless of the action taking place in the game. New turns cannot be started even if starting a new turn would award an immediate victory or cause a player to make a company morale check.
• Painting Competition: Any players that wish their armies to be considered for the best painted competition will stage them at the lunch break in the designated area with a name plate on the display. All models in the army must be from Battlefront Miniatures
• Unit histories are not necessary.
All lists must include the following information:
o Player’s full name
o Player’s email address
o Club name (if applicable)
o Army list being used (For example: Panzergrenadier Company)
o Book (For example: Bagration German)
• Players can use the following books: Oil War, Free Nations,, West German, Volksarmee, British, American, Soviet, Czechoslovak People’s Army and Polish People’s Army
The scoring breakdown we will use for the 2021 Nationals: Victory Points, Wins, Strength of Schedule
Awards: Here is a list of the awards that will be presented
• Overall Winner
• 2nd Place
• 3rd Place
• Best Sportsman
• Best Painted