The Joy Of Six
August 7 @ 9:00 am - August 8 @ 5:00 pm GMT
Date: 7-8 August. Start at 9 a.m. on the Saturday, roll dice at 9.30
Venue: Battlefield Hobbies, South March, Daventry NN11 4PH
– 28 places (possibility to increase in case of demand)
– LW 100 pts, any book that has been released before the event, maximum SA of 6.
– 5 games.
o 9:00 Registration
o 9:30-12:00 Game 1
o 12:00-12:45 Lunch
o 12:45-15:15 Game 2
o 15:30-18:00 Game 3
o 9:30-12:00 Game 4
o 12:00-12:45 Lunch
o 12:45-15:15 Game 5
Tank teams with a side armour of 7 or more are not permitted. Normal rules on list building, as set out in the rules and army books apply. There are no other restrictions.
The Extended Battleplan Matrix will be used to determine missions, so you will not all play the same mission each round. Before each round, I shall announce the die roll that you will all use to determine your missions. You will therefore know this before you select your battleplans.
We shall use the April 2021 version of the extended battle plan matrix, which is at:
https://www.flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/FOW-Missions2021-NB.pdf (no background texture)
You may bring two forces, one to use on each day. If you do, please indicate on the lists which one you will use on which day.
The Flames of War 8-1 scoring system will be used, with ties being decided on head to head wins, then countback of 8-1s and so on.
• The latest version of LFTF will apply. (https://www.flamesofwar.com/portals/0/Documents/Version4/LessonsFromTheFront-V4.pdf)
• Deep Reserves – normal rules apply. (No Bun Shop Deep Reserves this time.)
• Spearhead – we shall use the full-fat version of the rule on p.93, (i.e. only one spearhead move but potentially several spearhead bubbles.)
• You should play at least six turns (eight in Fighting Withdrawal). If you think it is not going to happen, come to speak to the umpire about 20-30 minutes before the scheduled end of the game. He will impose suitable blitz moves.
List submission date: Send lists to [email protected] by 31 July.
Prizes: Yes, there will be prizes.
Fee: £30, pay via Paypal to [email protected] by 31 July.
Accommodation: for obvious reasons, we advise you to make cancellable bookings if possible.
COVID-19: On current government planning, COVID-19 restrictions in England should be lifted on 19 July. We will follow government guidance at that time.
Catering: The usual caterer will be back in action.