- This event has passed.
RECON MidWar FoW tournament – Orlando, FL
April 27 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
One event on June 18, 2019 at 8:00 am
RECON MIDWAR TOURNAMENT Recon 2019, Orlando Florida, April 27, 2019
Gentlemen and ladies,
This is a Mid War tournament. It is an open format, so all lists from the legal sources are welcome.
What: 40 player, 3 rounds on Saturday, 2 hours per round
Point Level: 109 points
Welcome and Briefing: 0800 – 0930
Round 1: Basic Mission 0930 – 1130
Break 1130 – 1300
Round 2: More Mission 1300 – 1500
Break 1500 – 1530
Round 3: Basic Mission 1530 – 1730
Awards Presentation 1730 – 1800
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• All armies must be fully painted. Any miniatures not fully painted will be pulled from the table prior to starting the tournament.
• Missions will be selected randomly immediately before each round, any mission will only be played once in the tournament. The first and third rounds will be played with one of the “basic” first six missions in the book. The second mission will be from the “more missions” area. The final mission will be random from any remaining unplayed missions.
• Players are responsible for monitoring the time and the judges will announce time intervals throughout the tournament. A true act of sportsmanship is not starting a new turn if both players will not be able to finish that turn. The game should be called if both players cannot finish their turn and the results should be calculated.
• We will have only 2 hours per round so slow play will be actively discouraged, repeated offenses may result in loss of points or forfeited matches. This is a Nationals competition, if you cannot play a game to completion due to size/compliment or familiarity with your army, you might want to revisit your choice. Most players should be able to complete their turns within 10-15 minutes.
• Painting Competition: Any players that wish their armies to be considered for the best painted competition will stage them at the first lunch break in the designated area with a name plate on the display. All models in the army must be from Battlefront Miniatures.
• When time is called the game must immediately end regardless of the action taking place in the game. New turns cannot be started even if starting a new turn would award an immediate victory or cause a player to make a company morale check.
• Unit histories are not necessary.
• Army lists must be submitted to [email protected] (Third Party army list creation sites (i.e., Easy Army, Army Builder) may be used as well as the generic army list excel spreadsheet located on the Flames of War website. All lists must include the following information:
o Player’s full name
o Player’s email address
o Club name (if applicable)
o Army list being used (For example: Tank Company)
o Book or website reference (For example: Overlord)
o Type of company (Tank, mechanized, infantry)
Attacker / Defender
Attacker and defender will be determined by referencing the mobility value listed below:
Infantry, man packed guns, and gun platoons = mobility 0
Half tracked and wheeled platoons = mobility 1
Fully tracked vehicle platoons = mobility 2
Add the mobility value of your platoons together, the player with the highest number is the attacker.
Please refer to the following list of books:
All Version 4 MidWar books and PDFs are to be used in conjunction with the Version 4 rulebook.
When: April 27, 2019 starting at 0900
Where: Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
3011 Maingate Lane, Kissimmee, FL 34747
How Much: Entry fee is included in the convention admission price.
List Deadline: 11:59 PM Saturday, April 20th
Bid Deadline: 11:59 PM Friday, April 26th
Where to send: [email protected]
Tournament organizer: Rick Parrish
There will be prices for:
We will be using a simple software spreadsheet with the Version 4 points and here is the scoring breakdown we will use for the 2018 Nationals:
• Scoring Breakdown
o Generalship: 80%
o Sportsmanship 20%
• Draw Match-ups Ranking
• Victory Points then Wins
Awards: Here is a list of the awards that will be presented
• 2nd Place
• 3rd Place
• Best Painted
Tiebreakers: In case of a tie all tiebreakers use the following order to determine a winner
2. Number of wins
4. Strength of schedule
5. Favorite Opponent votes
6. Rock, scissors, paper (Best 2 out of 3)!